Thursday, May 16, 2013

When He tells you it’s time to launch the boat, launch the boat.

SCRIPTURE: Luke 5:4 When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”


OBSERVATION: Jesus hopped in Simon’s boat while he was cleaning his nets and asked Simon (Peter) to push Him out off shore.  There Jesus sat down and was teaching the multitudes from the boat.  He then asked Simon to take his boat into deeper waters and try fishing once again.  Same scenario, same circumstances, same tools…but in His timing.  Simon let down his net and caught so many fish he had to signal to some friends to help catch them all!


APPLICATION:  Timing matters because God has appointed times for us to fulfill what He has called us to do.  I know that I have been (and am still in) in situations where I felt like I had everything I needed to move on what God had called me to do..to move forward into His destiny for me, all to be thwarted and stalled..and often frustrated.

However in hindsight I see that in those instances my timing was not aligned to His.  I had the time, the people, the experience, the tools…but I personally wasn’t ready.  My character needed more sharpening, my mind lacked the wisdom of God to handle what He had for me. 
I know this is true for many more things that I believe God has in store for me.  But what’s great about recognizing my weaknesses and inadequacy, but knowing His faithfulness..well..THIS happens: The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25 & But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 & Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
My strength will rise!  I will take joy in the preparation of my soul to be ready for what God has in store for me.  I won’t be offended at how long some things take to come to fruition, but I will rejoice and be glad in each day God has made whether I’m waiting or not.  For waiting is not a passive posture, it’s an active stance.  In waiting, I worship, I prepare, I learn, I thrive!


PRAYER:  Thank You God for the reminder that in Your timing is blessing abundant and overflowing.  In fact, I take to heart that the nets were so big that others were required to bring in the full harvest.  I pray that as I journey in Your calling that I will need and depend on the strength of others to see the full potential of blessing, that they may be blessed as well and that they may glorify You with thanksgiving all throughout the process.  You are a good God.  I gladly wait! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment