Friday, August 26, 2011

Mark and Mary Desmond, August 26th

Chapter 3: The Self Feeding Program
Just as a human needs food, so do us Christians need to be fed.

In chapter 3 it is very interesting what Wayne is talking about. He says how he would go to Church come home and just feel empty only getting spiritually fed by others at Church or wherever. To be honest, I feel like that too sometimes. If you are only getting fed and getting God's word once a week at Church its difficult to feel fed. When i was reading this chapter God put it on my heart that I need to read the Bible more and really get into His word. I can't only depend on others to feed me. I need to read my Bible and talk to God so I can feed myself! I know that it is easy to put God aside because we have so many things to do, but we need to remember to feed ourselves. If we think about how in everyday life we have our breakfast, lunch, and dinner, it is weird to think about some Christians only getting fed every so often. Humans need food to survive and Christians need to be fed with God's word so they won't spiritually die.

No comments:

Post a Comment