Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11, 2011 Marcel Seva

EMPTY AND STUPID.
Poor, hungry and Desperate as well. I was a bit confused as I read this chapter (chapter 4).Wayne talks about wisdom, right or wrong, drawing from God's well, spiritually starving? Where is Wayne headed with all this? That is until I read the last or at least next to last paragraph of the chapter. "The secret of growing in divine wisdom is to come to God stupid." Basically come to God empty so I can draw from his well, his word. We are constantly filled with elements from this world that we end up having no more room for what God has for us. I believe that we need to come to him in prayer and daily devotion empty and willing. Open to his wisdom and not ours.

1 comment:

  1. Response by Adam Lohrbach

    Amen Marcel,
    Personally I've really had to work on giving up so much of my talk radio time to make more time for prayer. In the morning I'm instantly inclined to certain stations, knowing that what God really wants from me personally is to spend that drive time with Him. I don't know why it's such a struggle for me, but it is. My flesh is weak, but the spirit is indeed willing..

    ReplyDelete